Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Accountability

Accountability:  the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.

I say it to others and encourage it in my business, but personally...I don't like it!  Why?  Because then I have a responsibility, and if I'm only accountable to myself, then there's no guilt because I can rationalize anything!

So, time for change!  I have goals that I want to reach by Thanksgiving, and that is only 9 weeks away, so I really need to focus!

To share those goals, I want to lose 16lbs and complete the Couch to 5k training plan (again).  Very attainable and reasonable in the time that I have [left], so why have I procrastinated so long?!  These were not my original goals, but I'm kinda in a time crunch, and I like to make the goals so I'm not gonna be greedy!  If I do better, that will be fantastic :)

Plan:
Weigh in today, Oct 1st, Oct 15th, Nov 1st, Nov 15th, and Nov 23rd (day before Thanksgiving).
Calendar filled with exercise plan and will record this on DailyMile.
Motivational quotes (lol)

I'm sure that there will be updates here as well, especially if they're good!

Here are the quotes that I liked:
  1. Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any.
  2. Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.
  3. Real athletes run, others just play games.
  4. My greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do.
  5. Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
  6. Ability is what you are capable of doing.  Motivation determines what you do.  Attitude determines how well you do it.
  7. Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
  8. Shoot for the moon!  Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.
  9. The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you.
  10. A run begins the moment you forget you are running.
  11. Running is one of the best solutions to a clear mind.
  12. Don't take anyone's definition of success as your own.
  13. Anything worthwhile will not come easy.
  14. It is the mind that rules the body.
  15. Run hard when it's hard to run.
  16. My sport is your sports punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment