Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Trivia--Vegan Celebrity Quotes



First, let's talk about last week's question:

Do you know what vitamin Vegans do not get through their diet and must be supplemented either with fortified foods or a supplement?


If you said, B-12...You got it!!


Unfortunately, the best place to get B-12 is in animal products.  So, if you're Vegan, this is obviously a problem.


For Vegans, the best way to get B-12 is through enriched and/or fortified foods (such as non-dairy milk and yogurt) and supplements.  I also like Nutritional Yeast to get some extra B vitamins ;)


If supplementing, I recommend a complex B vitamin.  It will be good for your mental health and metabolism. Don't worry, excess B vitamins are excreted through urine!  Our bodies are wonderfully made.



On to this week, thought we could have some fun with trying to identify the Vegan Celebrity that said the following:


  • "I read Skinny Bitch first and then I forced myself to watch a documentary called Earthlings.  It's inside footage of factory farms and dairy farms.  And you just see that and you go 'I can't participate in that, I can't be a part of something that is suffering'."
  • "I'm healthier for it, I'm happier for it.  I can't imagine that if you're putting something in your body that is filled with fear or anxiety or pain, that that isn't somehow going to be inside of you."
  • "I'm not an activist; I don't look for controversy.  I'm not a political person, but I'm a person with compassion.  I care passionately about equal rights.  I care about human rights.  I care about animal rights.  Above all, I strive to be the best I can --  to be better than I was yesterday and better tomorrow."
  • "I want everybody to be happier.  I would love for the world to be happier.  I think it's our one thing that we all share.  We focus so much on our differences and that is creating, I think, a lot of chaos and negativity and bullying in the world.  And I think if everybody focused on what we all have in common --which is--we all want to be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment