Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 15--Vegan MoFo

Attention readers!! Recipe here!!

Halfway there, right?!

I started out strong and motivated...then life...well you know, it happens!

I have made my Vegan Veggie Soup a couple of times...I'm so ready for cooler weather and crock pot cooking! Lots of people ask about it, so...figured I'd change things up a bit and share my recipe!

Vegan Veggie Soup

Ingredients:
1/2 pkg frozen Mirepoix soup mix (celery, carrots, onions)
1/2 pkg frozen chopped spinach
1 pkg frozen beans of choice (crowder or speckled butter beans are my fav)
1/2 pkg frozen sliced carrots
1 large can crushed tomatoes
2 c. veggie broth

I put the leftovers from the ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag and put it back in the freezer for the next batch of soup.

I literally dump all veggies in crock pot, pour in tomatoes, fill the tomato can up with water (to get the rest out too) and pour in, pour two cups of broth (I love Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base) in, and fill with water if any other liquid is needed.

I cook mine on low all day (probably about 12 hours) and serve over sticky rice.

Tastes great and is a great way to get the family to eat spinach!

Enjoy!

Leslie
www.eat4health.webs.com
Sent from my iPhone

3 comments: