Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

HELP: Flamous Organic Original Falafel Chips



I was hesitant to try these (they came in my March Vegan Cuts box) because I just could not imagine how chips could taste like Falafel.

Well, I was WRONG!

These are actually really good.  They taste like dehydrated Falafel.  Maybe a little 'plain', but not everyone probably likes their Falafel spicy like I do.

Listed Nutrition Facts (for package)

Calories   197 
Fat:          9g     81     39%
Carbs:      27g   108   51%
Protein:    5g      20     10%
(Percentages shown are based on 'actual' calories of 209.)

The ingredient list is READable so that's a plus.

- Organic non-GMO corn
- Organic non-GMO whole beans (chickpeas, fava beans, black beans, pinto beans)
- Organic oils safflower/sunflower
- Organic 13-spice Falafel blend (including turmeric)
- Organic dehydrated vegetables (onion, garlic, spinach, carrot, red bell pepper, tomato, green bell pepper)
- Sea Salt

My conclusion is they are still chips, but do have some protein.  That fat content is still a little high though.

No comments:

Post a Comment