Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

MoFo - Quick, easy and delicious

Vegan MoFo Day 3: Quick, easy and delicious.

Nothing fancy, right? Look out - it's green beans! I know, it's first on your list when you think of delicious, right?


I love the simplicity of this meal. I prefer to use fresh green beans, but since the season is ending I purchased a huge bag of frozen fresh green beans from Costco (nope, I will not be doing it again).

I typically steam the green beans a bit so that they are no longer frozen first. Take a bit of sesame oil and heat in a pan. When hot, toss in baby portabella mushrooms, sliced almonds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, crushed red pepper, and green beans. Saute until a bit tender and everything is hot (typically the almonds and seeds are starting to toast). I do like to throw in fresh spinach at the end to wilt, but I didn't have any today.

Once plated, drizzle a bit of Soy Sauce over...and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment