Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reminder to Myself

I cannot please everyone.  I am frustrated right now with assumptions that are made.  You could even call them accusations.  If they were not, then they would not have been questioned. 

Who decided on a family vacation with 13 people?!  I am looking forward to it, but I truly wish people did not assume that you were out to do them harm?  I'm not sure what causes this, but it is frustrating.

What if we assumed that what others were doing was for good?  How much better would life be if everyone weren't so paranoid like someone was out to get them?

Serving others and minimizing self is what we are called to do.  Researching/planning is (unfortunately at times) a talent of mine and is a way that I can serve others.

Matthew 19:30
But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

1 Peter 4:10
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms.

I know that serving is others is what we are called to do, but nothing ever said it would be easy. 

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wow!  What a great reminder.  If it weren't for the anger/hurt I feel then I wouldn't be turning to the Word.  There are no coincidences...God has a Plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment