Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday Tidbit--Vegan misconceptions



I read an article today that was published on Fox News' website.  Yes, I know this is not the best source of information...but it's out there, it was related to Veganism, and I read it.

What's the beef about eating vegan?

I'm just going to share a few of the pieces of the article that, frankly, pissed me off:
  • faddish hype of veganism
    • hype?! really?!
  • their public image is militant as they preach the sins of consuming animals and their by-products for commercial, dietary or environmental reasons
    • funny, I've been Vegan for 5 years now...and I've never done this
  • “Vegan food is lousy,” says Planck, author of the popular Real Food (Bloomsbury USA) cookbook series. “They have bad taste in food.”
    • poor thing has never expanded her taste palette...my food doesn't taste bad at all...actually the opposite...I know what food should taste like and don't have to mask it with sauces, fats, etc
  • veganism is harmful to health
    • amazing that she had nothing to back this claim up with

So, maybe this was a bit of a rant today...but one should never assume that everyone is the same.

Everyone's stories and passions are different.  As a Vegan, my story is different from the next, etc.  

So, let's turn back to positive...I LOVE this article I found on The Elusive Vegan Man.
She says:
  • For me, the characteristics of morally principled and decidedly masculine go hand in hand. 
  • Caring about something greater than yourself, standing up for your beliefs and not being afraid of how you are perceived make a man truly attractive

No comments:

Post a Comment